za lakše snalaženje u prostoru
We present you a tactile treads that are designated for marking public transport (bus and train stations - the edge of the road) and edge of the staircase treads.
Tactile treads are the walking surfaces which are at the final point processed with relief, and include tactile guide line, tactile warning line and tactile warning field. They are intended to easier orientation in space as well as directing, warning and informing the blind and visually impaired people about changes in the level of movement and the dangers of traffic. As an alternative to ready-made concrete blocks or rubber glued panels, we have developed our own individual elements of tactile surfaces that have many advantages.
In developing the elements of tactile surfaces, guides and seals, we consulted and sought the opinion of tifopedagogue experts, orientation and mobility instructors who deal with all aspects of training blind and visually impaired people to move safely and independently with a long white cane. That’s why our caps and guides are the best solution in accommodating the needs of those which are intended to, and allowing the best opportunities of designing and fitting them into the environment.
Elements of tactile surfaces meet all required specifications of the regulations on ensuring accessibility to buildings for persons with disabilities.
- raised from the surface up to 7 mm,
- Do not interfere with the movement of wheelchairs,
- Identifiable by touch of the foot or the stick
- Does not hold water, snow and dirt,
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Made of quality materials, functional and durable, even under conditions of very frequent traffic.
- Suitable for blind and partially sighted people who use a stick or foot in the orientation in space, because the touch and sound are different than in the natural environment.
- Especially are suitable to visually impaired, which are in a number than the blind, because the guides and plugs are very noticeable, which provides a contrast with the surface, and are easy to follow. If necessary, elements can be illuminated in the dark.
- Resistant to the influence of whether (snow, ice, salt) and to mechanical damage (vehicles).
- Quickly and easily fitted to any surface (concrete, asphalt, stone, ceramics, wood) and do not require additional construction work such as excavation, concrete, etc…
- Some elements facilitate cleaning and maintenance.
- Single installation make replacement of damaged or old elements much easier and cheaper.
Elements of tactile surfaces, guides and plugs, are made separately and individually fitted, giving a range of additional benefits.
Installation of tactile treads and marking such surface, the number of deaths or injuries in using public transport or train is drastically is reduced.
Every day we witness major tragedies or minor accidents that could have been in time avoided or minimized. Setting treads the cost of compensation in such damages shall be avoided.
Data from the U.S. (National Safety Council) say that they have, every year, about 9,000,000 injuries occurred as a result of falls caused by slipping, which means that it happens about 25,000 times a day. Over 9,000 of these accidents are fatal. Not to mention that every fifth of such accident ends with the claim for compensation in court. All this causes more than 95 million lost working days per year. The total cost is approximately $ 3.5 million each day of the year.
Examples of marking railways
All of the biggest stations in Europe have this type of marking in order to a drastic reduction in deaths or injuries of public transport users. Encountering this type of tactile marking the blind and visually impaired people are warned of the danger and thus prevent injury.